Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Snail Zappers


I'm hoping these little snail zappers I made will save my newly planted seedlings this spring.  I cut up some plastic bottles and stuck this copper barrier tape around them.  Snails and slugs get a little electric shock from the copper.  You can stick or nail the tape around your entire veggie patches if you've got raised beds with a timber structure but that's not going to work in my garden.  I have tried it out around a few pots and it's working.  You can buy the tape from Diggers or Bunnings.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I always have problems with tiny little snails that eat up my seedling. Didn't know there is such a thing called the copper barrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Glad to finally be of use to someone with my limited gardening knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I haven't seen copper tape before, and I like your simple barriers. Will be remembering this idea for spring seedlings! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. What a great tip, I have lost whole crops of things to slugs and snails in the past. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails