Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blogoversary

Yip, yip yooray, yip, yooray, I'm one year old today!

One year ago today I started this blog. Thanks to all of you who read and make lovely comments and inspire me with your own blogs and good advice.

My year ago post celebrated beetroot and included a recipe of beetroot choc chip muffins. I didn't grow beetroot this year. The truth is I don't much like beetroot. They bleed everywhere and stain your hands and chopping block and always seem like a lot of bother. Although beetroot does look good growing in the garden. And a picture of it has adorned my blog header for 12 months. But I figured a blog birthday is a good day to change the header. So I attempted to put a new picture up top which showed my lovely crimson flowering broad beans. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the photo the right size and I remember I had to do lots of fiddling about last time. Which I really can't be bothered doing today because the sun is shining and it's warm even though it's winter and this has made me very excited.

I had also planned to make a cake with something from the garden in celebration. I thought a lemon poppy seed cake would be nice. But we already have some sweet treats in the fridge given to us by Monkey Man's sister and I don't want to waste them and I really can't be bothered baking today. Because, I repeat - it is a beeeauwdiful day today and I think I would rather pull up a weed and go talk to the chooks. So we'll have to make do with a candle poked into a lemon to celebrate.

30 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary! Go out and enjoy the sunshine while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I laughed so hard when I saw it was in a lemon. I think you are very wise to spend the lovely day outside.
    Happy birthday, a lovely day is a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY happy birthday VG!! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A sweet looking lemon, just like your blog. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, that sounded a tad weird. I meant it as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary! I totally agree - spend it outside in the sun :)

    L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog anniversary, VG! Hope you had a good day in the sunshine. I also hope you will keep up the good work on the blog; I enjoy reading your wry comments and observations on life.
    I sympathise with you on the subject of changing blog header photos. It seems more difficult than it should be. I think the key is to work out in advance the dimensions you want (in pixels). Surely a header involving mosaics would be appropriate for you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Doesn't time fly. Love the lemon & candle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing more fabulous than a literal lemon cake! I remember you being one of the first people to follow me, so you will always have a special place in my virtual heart :) Besides, you are FUNNY!

    Happy blogaversary, and may there be much more blogging to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 1 year of blogging!!! The poppy seed lemon cake does sound good, always next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogoversary! Hope you had a great day. Sounds like you should try Burpees Golden beetroots - all of the taste, none of the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary!!! Always enjoy reading your posts,thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day tomorrow with a top of 22C!! 29 sleeps till SPRING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations. Hope you find many more things to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!!!!!

    Woo hoo! I've loved following your blog. And wondering if I'll bump into you at ceres one day :)

    I'm with you - don't like beetroot much although I like the leaves in a salad or a stirfry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on reaching such a significant milestone. Lots of bloggers don't make it past a month, so you should be very proud of yourself.

    Great lemon and candle!

    Gav x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blogaversary VG. I always love reading your posts, so I wish you many happy wonderful experiences to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! I too am getting carried away with excitement over this beautiful Melbourne weather. It really does lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks heaps everyone. :)
    And another beautiful day in Melbourne. If I wasn't fearful for my back I'd attempt a cartwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on your first year of blogging :-)

    ciao
    Alessandra

    PS
    do you like coconut? I have a long post about it... does it actually grow in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do like coconut Alessandra and I enjoyed your post. Further north we can grow it but no way in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! Happy blogoversary to you!

    Cassy from Best Way To Learn Guitar

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy blogiversay. I used to hate beetroot as I'd only ever had it cooked, bleugh, or the tough woody ones. But then I had soft raw ones and am a total convert. My own crop didn't grow well so last month I ordered some from an Organic Box delivery, I thought I was ordering 4 but turned out it was 4 kilos!!! Lucky I love beetroot these days. My favourite things is beetroot, pear and feta salad. Delicious, doesn't even need a dressing though some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a handful of sunflower seeds will take it to another level.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails