Tuesday, August 30, 2011
An Update and an Award
grow your own mushrooms I bought a month ago have done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Despite my vigilance with daily water sprays and keeping them in the dark, no mushroom has grown. I am tempted to throw the lot in the compost but I'm hoping that if I just give them a few more days I'll see some movement. So I will persist.
Thank you to all for your comments regarding my dog contemplations. Thank you especially to the vast, overwhelming majority of you who wrote exactly what I wanted to hear... that I should get a dog and that I'll have no problems whatsoever with doggy training, digging up the garden or mauling my chooks. Well that wasn't exactly what you said but that's how I choose to interpret it. In fact, Monkey Man has stopped thwacking his head into his hand and has reached a state of doggy acceptance. So I am contemplating a shi tzu or shi tzu poodle cross but I will be patient (I know doesn't sound like me) and wait 'til later in the year when we return from a little holiday.
Anyway, on the first day of plastering our tradie was busy working in the bathroom and the front door was wide open because he was in and out with his plastering bits. Monkey Man and I were both working from home too. Then Monkey Man came and told me he'd just had a chat with a fella who was standing at the door looking about. When Monkey Man saw him, he asked directions to the train station. I said it all sounded highly suspicious and he was probably about to rob us. Which made Monkey Man laugh and made me feel a little guilty about my lack of faith in humanity especially after recently blogging about my failings in this area. But sure enough five minutes later... Monkey Man went to the car and witnessed a police chase and the bloke was caught and handcuffed a couple of doors up! Apparently he had been thieving all over the street.
So I will continue in my nasty, distrustful eye-narrowing ways for now because my instincts have again been proven correct. Lucky he didn't take off with my greenhouse at the front door because those seeds are happening. Greenhouses are wonderful and I recommend one to all veggie growers.
Arboredale Farm has given me an award. Thank you so much. It does feel wonderful to read comments and get responses from people out there in blog-world.
This award is given to bloggers with under 200 followers. The rules are to:
• Thank the giver and link back to them.
• Nominate 5 others and let them know with a comment on their blog.
• Copy and paste the award to your blog.
• Have fun blogging.
1. Well, firstly I would like to nominate Hazel at Hazel Dene for this award because I do religiously read her blog. But of course she's already been double nominated for the same award! Nevertheless I will nominate her anyway because there's nothing I can see in the rules to stop a triple nomination.
2. And I would like to nominate Ali from Mud Pie because I also read her religiously and because she's bloody hilarious.
3. Funkbunny was one of the first blogs I started to read and helped to inspire me to start blogging myself so she gets one.
4. Mark from his English Veg Plot is always making useful comments and he is a wealth of veggie gardening wisdom so he gets one from me too.
5. And finally Mrs Bok from the BokFlock deserves an award today because she's clearly going a bit bonkers contemplating nappies for a chook.