Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Think Before you Write

Well I was so excited about my weeny egg that I wrote my blog post and then fired off an email to the local paper straight away. Still high on my discovery and laughing at how funny it all was. And then I unexpectedly got a message back from the local paper saying that they were interested in the story. So of course I started to get anxious.

I don't actually want to be in my local paper holding up a little egg and proclaiming it to be very, very small. I've read the letters-to-the-editor in the local papers and I know the crackpots that are out there.  Some of them are nasty. And not too bright. And I may too appear to local paper readers as being not too bright with my fuzzy, ornamental chooks and bragging about my teeny, tiny egg.  Now I'm not averse to appearing in the local news - I've done it many times before actually. 'Cos I've been involved in a few campaigns including one at the moment to re-open our local high school. I've even written cranky letters-to-the-editor. But who knows what a fool I would appear with my little egg. It's all very well to look a bit scatty in a blog but I don't want to walk to my local shops and be pointed out as the scatty, self-promoting, weeny egg lady.

So I wrote an apologetic email back to the journalist.

And am contemplating attempting to cook up the egg for the kids' amusement.

13 comments:

  1. Well where's the pic VG. I won't think your crazy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not! But can see your point. A good story and your way with words is great. Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanetteann, read the post before. I've been busy today and posted twice in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you post about it? I missed the tiny egg... I would like to see it!
    Don't worry about the paper, it is just a local paper and not doing slander... it is fun, and in a few days it will be all forgotten by most, but maybe your kids would like to keep it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaa, saw it, it is super cute :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I read your first post about your tiny egg and you were contemplating contacting your local paper, I thought what a great good news story!! Everyday we hear about terrible things in the news and it is nice to hear about the light hearted stuff!! I completely understand your thoughts for not going ahead with it, some people can be awful! And you are not a crazy woman with a tiny egg!! At least we got to hear your good news story here on your blog! Hope the Monkey boys enjoy the egg!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken!! It would have been a great story ...
    :-) Actually, I really understand but I still would've loved to have seen your name up in lights
    Greenie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The teeny egg is a cute story, but totally understand about being wary of the jerk population.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that egg is tiny! We found a teensy one today as well. Very odd. No idea who could have laid it! Hrmm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are funny! Do you really think that people would think you were nutty?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post made me smile...No one will think you're nutty. After all, we're all a bit mad sometimes and I think the tiniest egg is something to get a bit nutty about!!! Well done chooks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now how will you go about achieving your 15 minutes of fame!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails