Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Resting

Just a quick post to let you know that I've been away. A lovely holiday in North Queensland.  Lolling about in the sun (smothered in sunscreen of course), walking through rainforests, snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef and allowing the monkeys boys to indulge in an ice-cream a day.

I discovered upon visiting the tropics that I am no longer fashionable. Not that I have ever been particularly interested in what everyone else wears, but I don't like to look odd. And I discovered whilst lolling about in my bathers up north that I was the odd one out wearing a one-piece.  Seems I shut my eyes for a minute and every female no matter age or body size is waltzing about sporting a bikini... and tattoo.  Well, my white tummy has never seen the sun. And the saggy flabby bits that have appeared below my bellybutton post monkey-births will prevent me from ever appearing in public in a bikini. Although I was once tempted by a tattoo but chickened out when the drill started up and nearly fainted. Which was lucky because it was a really stupid looking tattoo.

So I have posted a modest pic of me in a frock rather than my unfashionable bathers. The shock from the 15º temperature drop upon returning to Melbourne today prevents me from writing a long post - I am longing for my blanket on the couch.  Will post later about the garden which seems to have changed tremendously in my two week absence. Looking forward to reading what you've all been up to. Will leave you with a couple of favourite snaps of the Monkey Boys.
Beach Dancing - Cape Tribulation
Forest Walk - Cape Tribulation

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeously stunning photos... you look like a model, so stuff those silly bikini chicks baring all to the unsuspecting world! That sounds like a wonderful holiday, I love that area of Australia. Jealous!

    dixiebelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with being unfashionable. I think I admire people who don't care about the flabby bits hanging out, but I'm not one of them. I would of had an ice cream a day too - probably why I don't wear bikinis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great holiday VG, and gorgeous photos. Ps - you look wonderful! Who wants to be a slave to fashion anyway?!
    welcome back!
    Greenie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bikini???? What is a bikini?? Oh yes, I dimly remember having something made of string in my cupboard many many many years ago... was that a bikini? I forget.... lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologize VG - you look great! Love the atmospheric photos -- one little Monkey in the forest looks deep in thought...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful spot ...I think this is where Jeanie Baker got her inspiration for the beautiful children's picture book , 'Where The Forest Meets The Sea' .
    I imagine the weather in melbourne was a shock when you got back!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed the far North and that you made it up to Cape Trib. Isn't it the most beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you were up in my neck of the woods :) this is the best time of the year to visit, although it is so dry at the moment. You look lovely in your frock with a big summery hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVELY! More pics more pics more pics!
    I've a one piece as well. Was never really a bikini girl anyway long before I had kids!
    You look gorgeous in your hat and sundress x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely picture of you VG and I think you look very fashionable, the boys look like theyr'e having a great time. Welcome home x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've just reminded me I need new bathers - I swim a lot so always have a few pairs of Speedo type bathers which I always end up taking on holidays and then feeling really silly as they are just too functional for the beach....I draw the line at a bikini though - I prefer to think that I am being fashion forward and all the bikini wearers will eventually catch up and realise that there are some parts of the body that are unsuitable for public view....

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello! you went to 'my place' - well i grew up in Mossman anyway. so you were in my stoppin ground...
    anyway can i set you straight on something... you were actually more fashionable than most of the people there! let me explain. everywhere north of townsville is in another time zone - one that is about 10 years behind. life moves at a far slower pace up there and the result is two things: 1. there is a general feeling of 'who cares' attitude up there, so a lot of people just like to let it 'all hang out'. and 2. trends in fashion etc take yeeears to make there way up there, so no one's caught on that one piece's are back in fashion. i wear vintage/vintage style most days, but when i go home i just can't do it cos i feel like a moron.
    so you were showing them a thing or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that's a relief everyone 'cos I sure wasn't going to get into a bikini.
    I did think of lots of you blogger friends when I was up north and was trying to remember who lived here. Anyway, I'm jealous of you all and your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your holiday, thanks so much for sharing your lovely pictures xx yollie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos to look back on in the cold! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails