Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Roos & Goats and New Fuzzy Creatures

When we returned from our holiday a few weeks ago it was strangely quiet in the garden. Apart from the rumble of trucks out the front door and the yipping of the yappy dogs next door, there was a sound I was missing... crowing.

Seems while we were away, someone in the neighbourhood made a complaint to the council about the noise from Mr P's roosters (remember they were mine originally).

So he ate them.

Sigh.

Then I started to hear another sound coming from Mr P's vacant block that sounded like a baby. Seems the goats have been doing the Spring thing and have delivered themselves a lovely little kid.
And while I've been writing this post, my lap is being kept warm by a lovely new fuzzy creature that I've been contemplating for a while.

Drumroll please....
Our shih tzu puppy picked up from the breeder yesterday afternoon.

Aw. Cute.


We're still in naming discussions and I can't comment on her personality yet 'cos she's just settling in and a bit nervy. But she's very friendly and loves a cuddle and comes when she's called.

I don't think I'm going to get much work done today with this little fuzz ball to keep me happy.







19 comments:

  1. Adorable! I don't blame you for not getting any work done with a new fuzzy to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh she is sooo cute... and she looks so good with the boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I hope she settles in quickly for you! I bet the monkeys are smitten too. Good on you mum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, who needs a garden anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the kid, the kid and the puppy are too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww sweet little thing. Have fun finding a name that suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw .. cute indeed VG. I wonder what her name will be.
    Pity about the roosters, but that's how it goes I gues. I was waiting to read about your kangaroos in the garden too, till I realised it was the roosters lol! silly me. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, she is adorable!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooooooo cute! Reminds of my babies, who are now 5 but still spoilt rotten. They are brothers, aptly named William and Harry as they are treated like princes.
    I guess if we ever got a female dog we would have to call her Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I'm looking at this after the kids are in bed it would definitely give them ideas....I would like a kid though but I suspect they would want the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! She is insanely cute. I think you should call her Ewok :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute (even though I a not a dog person - I'd rather have a cat!). When I saw the title of your post I expected to see some pics of kangaroos, not roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That puppy is so cute , just beautiful. No there will be no housework done today .IT is a pity about the roosters, I just wish they would breed a rooster that doesn't crow .

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOOOOOOO CUTE! I'm looking forward to hearing what you name her. Such a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Didn't envy you the rooster but DO envy your puppy!! SO adorable.... Can't wait for the name. lol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooooo it's so cute! What a gorgeous little puppy - you lucky things :) I am having such a giggle at your neighbour eating the roosters - weren't they bantams? Do they even taste any good???

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone very happy and having fun and running around wiping up puppy wee. Yep Mr P. ate the roosteers Ali- black skin and all.I know they are a Chinese delicacy but maybe Italians have some trick with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Veggigobbler, FYI there is a competition to win 1 of 5 of my books and it is open to Australians also!!! Details here http://alessandrazecchini.blogspot.com/2011/11/pairing-chocolate-with-rose-and.html

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Euuwww... hee hee, foul. Oh I am funny. Although I have never tried bantam, black skin and all... I do adore Chinese food though... Got any more roosters down there???

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails